October 9, 2007

Last summer

Last summer, I was working at Microsoft in Seattle. It was a very fun experience! The work hours were very flexible; all they care about is that you finish your work and show up if you have meetings. That aside, you can go to work whenever you want. No early mornings! It was a lot of fun, we went to Vancouver over the weekend once. There were plenty of activities going on, so many in fact, that you have to carefully pick which events you want to go to, or else you'll be overbooked. After the internship was over, I flew down to California for vacation. I visited my cousin, as well as some friends. We went to Six Flags, multiple beaches, San Diego Zoo, Hollywood, and UCLA. Since my cousin lives in LA, we even managed to squeeze in some tennis, golfing, and various board games / card games.

8 comments:

jennifer said...

your summer sounds like it was fun! Your job seems interesting. It's def hard to find something that flexible!
I hope you're learning alot in Japanese- it's def a lot to learn but I find the culture very interesting...have you visited Japan before?

本屋 said...

こんにちは。バージニア大学の一年生です。どうぞ宜しく。

Microsoft sounds like a great place to work. That sort of flexibility sounds great.

Lauren C. said...

I LOVE the San Diego zoo. My older sister lives in San Diego, and that is my favorite place to go when I visit her. That, and the Wild Animal Park. I love places like that!

Aznbabybop said...

So, my homework this week was to write on students’ blogs from different universities. Anyway, I’m in Japanese 101 too at UVA. What is your class learning now? Also, my brother lives in Vancouver, Isn't it beautiful there?

Riley said...

That sounds really cool. I did nothing for my summer in comparison. Do you plan to try and work at Microsoft again?

Sara G said...

hey my name is sara and i go to uva and thats very cool you went to california, because i used to live there and i know my uncle lives in san diego too. Did you like it?

Aoi Tsuki said...

Well, I'm not sure where the best place to reply is, since it's not exactly like a "wall to wall" option... so here goes a list of responses:

Yep, I went to Japan about 4 years ago. At the time, I already had a decent vocab base through watching Anime. It was enough to ask the information person in a mall:
Gundam, doko desu ka?
Turns out the person knew English though, so it was unnecessary.

Vancouver is pretty nice, it's also handy since the drinking age is 19... But yeah, the food is really good too; we went to Richmond for most of the time in Canada.

I might work at Microsoft. Since I'm a senior, I am applying for full time positions. Microsoft is definatly one of the places I'm considering.

San Diego was pretty fun, but it was a very long drive. We were mostly in LA, so it was just a one day trip there and back to San Diego. The California trip was really fun, especially after the long summer internship.

Fay said...

Love Six Flagsss!!! But you have to wait in the line forever to get a ride that's only 5 mins. I went there once when it was raining. No one was in the park, so I can stay on one ride for 10 times.... But I couldn't yell on the ride cause rain water goes into my mouth.